eagleXman X-OLYMPIC - RULES & REGULATIONS (last update 1st February 2023)
Flipper Triathlon is proud to present the eagleXman X-Olympic extreme race: 1500 meters swimming, 48 km road biking and 6 km running.
This regulation is an integral part of the registration and defines the main points relating to participation at the race.
Each participant undertakes to accept the following regulations by completing the online registration form, and consequently giving their consent on it.
The organization keeps the right to make changes to the regulations.
2. REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPATION
Only and exclusively athletes who have reached 20 years of age can participate at the event.
The participant must be aware that participation in the event requires a huge physical effort.
All those who, after completing and signing the registration form available on the WEBSITE, are registered for the FITRI starting from the Senior 1 category or for other International Triathlon Federations can participate at eagleXman X-Olympic, and in compliance with the year 2023 also with medical certification or who sign up for the FITRI Daily Membership (30 €), with a competitive medical certificate for the Triathlon
3. COMPETITION RULES
• WETSUIT: The wetsuit for swimming is mandatory for the swimming course. Participants without a wetsuit will not be allowed to compete.
• BICYCLE: it can be used both road and time trial bikes.
• WHEELS: all types of wheels are allowed including the lenticular wheels.
• The EAGLEXMAN X-Olympic is a NO DRAFT race.
• DISQUALIFICATIONS: The Referee reserves the right, at any time, to stop or disqualify the participants, if at its own discretion, for either safety reasons or any other unproper participants conduct at the event or any other reason. No reimbursement will be due if the Participant has acted negligently, maliciously, with intentional misconduct, without due care and attention towards the Event or the other participants, such as to cause his removal / disqualification.
• RULES OF THE ROAD: All competitors must compulsorily observe the rules established by the Italian Road Code. During the cycling term the traffic will NOT be controlled, so it is the responsibility of each participant to pay the highest level of attention, drive safe and cope with the rules of the road.
• RACE MATERIAL COLLECTION: Race material collection including BIB must only be done by the athlete registered for the competition the day before the event. Bibs will not be delivered on the day of the event.
SUPPORT TEAM – SUPPORT CAR
The personal support team (1 to 4 persons) is allowed.
At the end of the swim course all the given material should be removed by the support team, if not available you can apply for a shuttle transfer which will bring you back to the start place once the race is finished (the cost for this option is 30€ and you can purchase it at the registration or later but not late than 30th june 2023).
For the entire bike course, the support car is optional. The athlete who does not have a support car must have all the material, both food, bike repair and clothing, with him.
For the run course, a support person is optional on the final 6km run to Campo Imperatore square where the finish line is.
4. MANDATORY EQUIPMENT
For swimming, the wetsuit is mandatory.
For the cycling course, the following are mandatory: rear light, GPS provided by the organization, charged mobile phone, approved helmet and bib clearly visible from the rear, food, waterproof jacked and tyre repairing kit.
For the entire running course, it is recommended (not required) both the athlete and the accompanying person are required:
• Waterproof * and breathable ** windbreaker with hood, suitable for bad weather conditions in the mountains (GoreTex material highly recommended; * minimum 10,000 mm of water column; ** RET less than 13)
– the jacket must necessarily have an integrated hood
– the seams must be watertight
– the jacket must not have parts with permeable fabric
The competitor judges, according to his own criteria, if his jacket complies with the regulations and therefore suitable for bad weather in the mountains; in any case, in the event of checks, only the employees of the organization will be able to decide.
• Long-sleeved thermal shirt
• long Pants
• Thermal hat or Buff
• Workings headlamp
• Mobile phone, which guarantees autonomy of at least 10 hours: the runner must be reachable at any time before, during and after the race.
• GPS provided by the organization
• Reusable cup (glasses will NOT be given to run refreshments)
• Water reserve
• Food reserve
• Survival sheet
The athlete’s mandatory equipment can also be transported by the accompanying person.
Further information on the equipment:
• Complete bike clothing change recommended
• Front and rear bike light recommended
• Bike gloves (recommended)
• Thermal gloves for run term (recommended)
5. GATES (maximum times)
• Maximum swimming time 1’30’ hours
• Maximum time lap swimming + cycling 7 hours
• Maximum time to pass the cable car check-point at Fonte Cerreto at 4:30 PM
• Maximum time to arrive at the finish line at 6:30 PM
6. ROUTE CHANGES
The management of the race reserves the right to modify the route at its sole discretion for reasons related to improving the road system and the safety of the athletes. Any changes will be promptly reported to the athletes and on the event website.
The organization reserves the right to reduce or limit access to the routes during the race in the event of adverse weather conditions.
7. METHOD AND REGISTRATION FEES
Registrations can be made at the following link:
EAGLEXMAN X-OLYMPIC REGISTRATION LINK
The athlete will be registered for the race only after registering and having paid either by credit card or by bank transfer within 10 days from the date of registration to the following IBAN:
FLIPPER TRIATHLON ASD
BPER Banca Popolare Emilia Romagna
To obtain definitive confirmation of your registration it is mandatory to have made the payment within 10 days after registration.
After 10 days, the athlete will not be entitled to have its own bib or to maintain the quota in force at the time of registration.
Online registrations will be open until the maximum number of registered athletes set at 200 participants is reached, and in any case no later than 23.59 on 13th july 2022, after this date it will no longer be possible to register.
The registration fee is fixed in
€. 60.00 until 11.06.2023
€. 70.00 from 11.06.2023 until 12.07.2023
The registration fee includes:
• Race pack including a technical gadget with the race logo
• Athlete race bib
• Supporter team race bib
• adhesive kits, bike, helmet, bags, support car
• Swim cap
• GPS tracking
• 1 credentials for food pasta parties at the Ostello “Lo Zio” refuge
• 1 vouchers for lunch during award ceremony
• 1 vouchers one way for the cable car
8. TIMING AND RANKINGS
The timing will be carried out by an Official Timer with technology based on the use of “timing-chips”. Each participant will be provided with a timing chip, which must be returned at the end of the race. Personnel will be in charge of collecting the chips and checking their status. In case of non-return, € 30.00 will be charged. The timing chip is provided by a neoprene anklet to be positioned on either right or left leg. Failure or incorrect use of the chip will result in non-inclusion in the ranking and non-attribution of the official race time.
During the awards ceremony each finisher will receive an award. Each participant will be personally called to collect their prize, in random order.
10. HEALTH ASSISTANCE
The use of ambulances with doctors and nurses is foreseen, which will be communicated at the race briefing
For the BIKE course nr. 01 refreshment point where food and drinks will be provided to the athlete.
The accompanying car will only be able to supply the athlete at the predetermined points, except in emergencies. Each manoeuvre must take place with the car stationary and parked in safe points, subject to immediate disqualification of the athlete.
For the RUN course, nr. 01 refreshment points where food and drinks will be provided to the athlete + 01 tap water points.
All the refreshment points will be communicated to the athlete in the race briefing.
12. NON-PARTICIPATION AND SUBSTITUTIONS
In case of non-participation, the registration fee paid will not be returned.
It is possible to TRANSFER your registration to the next edition no later than June 30th, 2023. In this way, the sum paid for registration will be kept valid for the following year edition, with a charge of € 20.00 for administrative stuff.
It is also possible to transfer the registration to another person by sending an email to email@example.com with full details of assignee to be entered
The registration moved to the following year is automatic.
The registration moved to the following year is not transferable to third parties.
After the 30th of June 2023 at 23:59 is not possible to make any replacement or any other request whatsoever
13. RACE CANCELLATION
If the race has to be cancelled due to Covid-19, the participation fee will be refunded by deducting only 25 Euro fees for administrative stuff. Alternatively, the registration may be moved to the following year edition.
In the event that the race is cancelled and / or postponed to another date, or in any case, not carried out due to force majeure and / or reasons not attributable and / or not related to the Organization itself, including the revocation of the authorization to carried out by the competent public bodies, the applicant will have nothing to claim from the Organizing Committee, neither for the return of the registration fee, nor as a reimbursement of any expense incurred or to be incurred. The submission of the registration application has the value of acceptance of this clause and express waiver of any claim resulting from the cancellation and / or postponement of the race.
14. RACE PACKAGES DISTRIBUTION AND EVENT SCHEDULE
Friday 21st July 2023
POSITION: LAT 42.4261623, 13.5272450
From 15.00 to 18:30 race packs delivery in Fonte Cerreto (AQ).
From 18:30 to 19:15 Compulsory briefing in Italian in Fonte Cerreto (AQ).
From 19:15 to 20:00 Compulsory briefing in English in Fonte Cerreto (AQ)
Saturday 22nd July 2023
POSITION: LAT 42.5282208, LON 13.3688218
07:00 am Transition area opening for bike delivery, and bike and run mandatory equipment check.
07:45 am Transition area closes
08:00 am Race Start
16:30 Check-point T2 CUTOFF
Sunday 23rd July 2023
POSITION: LAT 42.4261623, 13.5272450
11:30 AM Awards ceremony at in Fonte Cerreto AQ
To follow the event closing lunch
THESE TIMES SCHEDULE MAY SUBJECT TO CHANGES
Race pack collection subject to the delivery of copy of the registration receipt and an identity document.
The race pack can also be collected by third parties by presenting a copy of the registration form.
15. PRIVACY AND IMAGE RIGHTS
Pursuant to the Italian law in therm of privacy (“Consolidated Privacy Act”) we inform you that the personal data collected will be used only to prepare the list of participants, the ranking and the historical archive , to provide the services of the event, to send information or advertising material of the “EAGLEXMAN X-OLYMPIC ” or its partners.
By registering for the “EAGLEXMAN X-OLYMPIC “, the athlete expressly authorizes the organizers, together with the media partners, to use the fixed or moving images, in which he may have been filmed during his participation in the competition on all media, including promotional and / or advertising materials, all over the world and for all the maximum time provided for by the laws, regulations, treaties in force, including any extension that may be made to the envisaged period.