Flipper Triathlon (an Italian Non Profit Organization), is launching the first edition of the Eaglexman triathlon extreme, an extreme race at Gran Sasso area based on long distances: 3800 meters swimming, 180 km biking and 42 km running.
This regulation is an integral part of the registration and defines the main points relating to participation at the race.
Each participant undertakes to accept the following regulations by completing the online registration form, and consequently giving their consent on it.
The organization keeps the right to make changes to the regulations.
- REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPATION
Only and exclusively athletes who have reached 20 years of age can participate at the event.
The participant must be aware that participation in the event requires a huge physical effort.
All those who, after completing and signing the registration form available on the WEBSITE, are registered for the FITRI starting from the Senior 1 category or for other International Triathlon Federations can participate at EAGLEXMAN, and in compliance with the year 2021 also with medical certification or who sign up for the FITRI Daily Membership (30 €), with a competitive medical certificate for the Triathlon
- COMPETITION RULES
- WETSUIT: The wetsuit for swimming is mandatory for the swimming course. Participants without a wetsuit will not be allowed to compete.
- BICYCLE: it can be used both road and chrono bikes.
- WHEELS: all types of wheels are allowed including the lenticular wheels.
- The EAGLEXMAN race is a NO DRAFT race.
- DISQUALIFICATIONS: The Organizer reserves the right, at any time, to stop or disqualify the participants, if at its own discretion, for either safety reasons or any other unproper participants conduct at the event or any other reason. No reimbursement will be due if the Participant has acted negligently, maliciously, with intentional misconduct, without due care and attention towards the Event or the other participants, such as to cause his removal / disqualification.
- RULES OF THE ROAD: All competitors must compulsorily observe the rules established by the Italian Highway Code. During the cycling term the traffic will NOT be controlled, so it is the responsibility of each participant to pay the highest level of attention, drive safe and cope with the rules of the road.
- RACE MATERIAL COLLECTION: Race material collection including BIB must only be done by the athlete (or by a delegated showing Power of attorney) registered for the competition the day before the event. Bibs will not be delivered on the day of the event.
SUPPORT- ACCOMPANY CAR
- At the end of the swim course all the given material should be removed by nthe accompany person.
- For the entire bike course, the support car is optional. The athlete who does not have a car in tow must have all the material, both food, bike repair and clothing, with him.
- For the run course, an accompany person is mandatory on the final stretch from Fonte Cerreto (km 35) to Campo Imperatore square where the final line is.
- MANDATORY EQUIPMENT
For swimming, the wetsuit is mandatory.
For the cycling course, the following are mandatory: rear light, GPS provided by the organization, charged mobile phone, approved helmet and bib clearly visible from the rear, food, waterproof jacked and tyre repairing kit.
For the entire running course, both the athlete and the accompanying person are required:
- Waterproof * and breathable ** windbreaker with hood, suitable for bad weather conditions in the mountains (GoreTex material highly recommended); * minimum 10,000 mm of water column; ** RET less than 13
– the jacket must necessarily have an integrated hood
– the seams must be watertight
– the jacket must not have parts with permeable fabric
The competitor judges, according to his own criteria, if his jacket complies with the regulations and therefore suitable for bad weather in the mountains; in any case, in the event of checks, only the employees of the organization will be able to decide.
- Long-sleeved thermal shirt
- long Pants
- Thermal hat or Buff
- Working headlamp
- Mobile phone, which guarantees autonomy of at least 15 hours: the runner must be reachable at any time before, during and after the race.
- GPS provided by the organization
- Reusable cup (glasses will NOT be given to run refreshments)
- Water reserve
- Food reserve
- Survival sheet
The athlete’s mandatory equipment can also be transported by the accompanying person.
Further information on the equipment:
- Complete bike clothing change recommended
- Front and rear bike light recommended
- Bike gloves (recommended)
- Thermal gloves for run term (recommended)
- GATES (maximum times)
- Maximum swimming time 2 hours
- Maximum time lap swimming + cycling 12 hours
- Maximum time to pass the cable car check-point at Fonte Cerreto at 22:00
- Maximum time to arrive at the finish line at 24:00
- ROUTE CHANGES
The management of the race reserves the right to modify the route at its sole discretion for reasons related to improving the road system and the safety of the athletes. Any changes will be promptly reported to the athletes and on the event website.
The organization reserves the right to reduce or limit access to the routes during the race in the event of adverse weather conditions.
- METHOD AND REGISTRATION FEES
Registrations can be made on Endu website at the following link:
The athlete will be registered for the race only after registering on the Endu website and having paid by bank transfer within 10 days from the date of registration to the following IBAN:
FLIPPER TRIATHLON ASD
Bank: UBI Banca Centobuchi AP
To obtain definitive confirmation of your registration it is mandatory to have made the payment within 10 days after registration.
After 10 days, the athlete will not be entitled to have its own bib or to maintain the quota in force at the time of registration.
Online registrations will be open until the maximum number of registered athletes set at 150 participants is reached, and in any case no later than 24.00 on 30 June 2021, after this date it will no longer be possible to register.
The registration fee is fixed in
€. 300.00 for the first 30 bibs
€. 325.00 from 31st to 60th bib
€. 350.00 from the 61st bib onwards
The registration fee includes:
- Race pack
- Athlete race bib
- Supporter team race bib and t-shirt
- adhesive kits, bike, helmet, bags, support car
- GPS tracking
- 2 credentials for food pasta parties at the Ostello “Lo Zio” refuge
- 2 vouchers for lunch during award ceremony
- 2 vouchers one way for the cable car
- TIMING AND RANKINGS
The timing will be carried out by an Official Timer SDAM with technology based on the use of “chips”. Each participant will be provided with a daily chip, which must be returned at the end of the race. Personnel will be in charge of collecting the chips and checking their status. In case of non-return, € 30.00 will be charged. Information and conditions on the use of the chips are published on the MYSDAM website. Failure or incorrect use of the chip will result in non-inclusion in the ranking and non-attribution of the time spent.
- AWARD CEREMONY
During the awards ceremony each finisher will be awarded. Each participant will be personally called to collect their prize.
- HEALTH ASSISTANCE
The use of ambulances with doctors and nurses is foreseen, which will be communicated at the race briefing
For the BIKE course nr. 02 refreshment points where food and drinks will be provided to the athlete.
The accompanying car will only be able to supply the athlete at the predetermined points, except in emergencies. Each manoeuvre must take place with the car stationary and parked in safe points, subject to immediate disqualification of the athlete.
For the RUN course, nr. 04 refreshment points where food and drinks will be provided to the athlete.
All the refreshment points will be communicated to the athlete in the race briefing.
- NON-PARTICIPATION AND SUBSTITUTIONS
In case of non-participation, the registration fee paid will not be returned.
It is possible to TRANSFER your registration to the next edition no later than June 30, 2021. In this way, the sum paid for registration will be kept valid for the following year edition, with a charge of € 20.00 for administrative stuff.
It is also possible to transfer the registration to another person by sending an email to email@example.com with full details of assignee to be entered
The registration moved to the following year is automatic.
The registration moved to the following year is not transferable to third parties.
After the 30th of June 2021 at 24:00 is not possible to make any replacement or any other request whatsoever
- RACE CANCELLATION
If the race has to be cancelled due to Covid-19, the participation fee will be refunded by deducting only 25 Euro fees for administrative stuff. Alternatively, the registration may be moved to the following year edition.
In the event that the race is cancelled and / or postponed to another date, or in any case, not carried out due to force majeure and / or reasons not attributable and / or not related to the Organization itself, including the revocation of the authorization to carried out by the competent public bodies, the applicant will have nothing to claim from the Organizing Committee, neither for the return of the registration fee, nor as a reimbursement of any expense incurred or to be incurred. The submission of the registration application has the value of acceptance of this clause and express waiver of any claim resulting from the cancellation and / or postponement of the race.
- RACE PACKAGES DISTRIBUTION AND OTHER TIMELINE ARRANGEMENTS
Friday the 23rd of july 2021
From 10.00 to 20.00 race packs delivery at Fiordigigli Hotel in Fonte Cerreto (AQ).
From 17:00 to 18:00 Compulsory briefing in Italian at the Fiordigigli Hotel in Fonte Cerreto (AQ).
From 18:00 to 19:00 Compulsory briefing in English at the Fiordigigli Hotel in Fonte Cerreto (AQ)
Saturday the 24th of july 2021
04:00 am Changeover area opening for bike delivery and verification, and bike and run equipment check.
05:15 am Transition area closes
05:30 am Departure
24:00 End of the event
Sunday the 25th of july 2021
11:30 am Awards ceremony at Hotel Fiordidgli in Fonte Cerreto AQ
To follow the event closing lunch
THESE TIMES SCHEDULE MAY SUBJECT TO CHANGES
Race pack collection subject to the delivery of copy of the registration receipt and an identity document.
The race pack can also be collected by third parties by presenting a copy of the registration form.
- PRIVACY AND IMAGE RIGHTS
Pursuant to Legislative Decree No. 196 of 30/06/2003 (“Consolidated Privacy Act”) we inform you that the personal data collected will be used only to prepare the list of participants, the ranking and the historical archive , to provide the services of the event, to send information or advertising material of the “EAGLEXMAN” or its partners.
By registering for the “EAGLEXMAN”, the athlete expressly authorizes the organizers, together with the media partners, to use the fixed or moving images, in which he may have been filmed during his participation in the competition on all media, including promotional and / or advertising materials, all over the world and for all the maximum time provided for by the laws, regulations, treaties in force, including any extension that may be made to the envisaged period.