Flipper Triathlon (an Italian Non Profit Sport Event Organization), is launching the first edition of the eagleXman triathlon, an extreme race at Gran Sasso area based on long distances: 3800 meters swimming, 180 km road-biking and 42 km running.
This regulation is an integral part of the registration and defines the main points relating to participation at the race.
Each participant undertakes to accept the following regulations by completing the online registration form, and consequently giving their consent on it.
The organization keeps the right to make changes to the regulations.
- REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPATION
Only and exclusively athletes who have reached 20 years of age can participate at the event.
The participant must be aware that participation in the event requires a huge physical effort.
All those who, after completing and signing the registration form available on the WEBSITE, are registered for the FITRI (Italian Triathlon Federation) starting from the S1 category or for other International Triathlon Federations can participate at eagleXman.
If not belonging to any Federation, we only accept athletes that are in compliance with an Italian Medical Certification recognised for racing in Triathlon and will sign up for the FITRI Daily Membership (30 €).
- COMPETITION RULES
- WETSUIT: The wetsuit is mandatory for the swimming course. Participants without a wetsuit will not be allowed to start the race.
- BICYCLE: it can be used both road and Time Trial bike.
- WHEELS: all types of wheels are allowed including the lenticular wheels.
- The eagleXman is a NO-DRAFT race, referees can apply a stop-and go card if an athelte is caught in drafting.
- DISQUALIFICATIONS: The referee reserves the right, at any time, to stop or disqualify the participants, if at its own discretion, for either safety reasons or any other unproper participants conduct at the event or any other reason. No reimbursement will be due if the Participant has acted negligently, maliciously, with intentional misconduct, without due care and attention towards the Event or the other participants, such as to cause his removal / disqualification.
- RULES OF THE ROAD: The road is not closed to any other vehicle. All competitors must compulsorily observe the rules established by the Italian Road Law. During the cycling session the road traffic will NOT be controlled, so it is the responsibility of each participant to pay the highest level of attention, drive safe and cope with the rules of the road.
- RACE MATERIAL COLLECTION: Race material collection including BIB must only be done by the athlete registered for the competition the day before the event. BIBs will not be delivered on the day of the event.
- A safety check up by the referee and the doctor in T2 is mandatory before starting the last 6km
SUPPORT TEAM AND SUPPORT CAR
- A support team is mandatory (from 1 to 4 people);
- At the end of the swim course all the given material should be removed by the support team;
- For the entire bike course, the support car is optional but highly suggested. The athlete who does not have a support car in tow must have all the material, both food, bike repair and clothing, with him.
- For the run course, a support person is mandatory on the final stretch from Fonte Cerreto (km 36) to Campo Imperatore square where the finishine is.
- MANDATORY EQUIPMENT
For swimming, the wetsuit is mandatory. Neoprene caps, gloves and socks are not allowed by the FITri regulations non necessary considering the average seasonal temperature of the lake.
For the cycling course, the following are mandatory: rear light, GPS provided by the organization, full of charge mobile phone, approved helmet and BIB clearly visible from the rear, food, waterproof jacked and tyre repairing kit.
For the last 6km of the running course, both the athlete and the support person are required and mandatory (to be worn or put in the bag):
- Waterproof * and breathable ** windbreaker with hood, suitable for bad weather conditions in the mountains (GoreTex material highly recommended; * minimum 10,000 mm of water column; ** RET less than 13)
- – the jacket must necessarily have an integrated hood
- – the seams must be watertight
- – the jacket must not have parts with permeable fabric [The athlete decides, according to his own criteria, if his jacket complies with the regulations and therefore suitable for bad weather in the mountains; in any case, in the event of checks, only the employees of the organization will be able to decide.]
- Long-sleeved thermal shirt
- Long Pants
- Thermal hat or Buff
- Working headlamp
- Mobile phone, which guarantees autonomy of at least 15 hours: the runner must be reachable at any time before, during and after the race.
- GPS provided by the organization
- Reusable cup (glasses will NOT be given to run refreshments)
- Water reserve
- Food reserve
- Survival sheet
The athlete’s mandatory equipment can also be transported by the support person.
Further information on the equipment:
- Complete bike clothing change recommended
- Front bike light recommended (rear one is mandatory)
- Bike gloves (recommended)
- Thermal gloves for final 6km of the run course (recommended)
- GATES (maximum times)
- Maximum swimming time 2 hours
- Maximum time lap swimming + cycling 12 hours
- Maximum time to pass the check-point at Fonte Cerreto to start the last uphill to the finishline: 09:30 PM
- Maximum time to arrive at the finish line at 00:30 of 24th july 2022
- ROUTE CHANGES
The management of the race reserves the right to modify the route at its own discretion for reasons related to improving the road system and the safety of the athletes. Any changes will be promptly reported to the athletes and on the event website.
The organization reserves the right to reduce or limit access to the routes during the race in the event of adverse weather conditions.
- METHOD AND REGISTRATION FEES
Registrations can be made on ENDU website at the following link:
GO TO: EAGLEXMAN REGISTRATION
The athlete will be registered for the race only after registering on the ENDU website and having paid by bank transfer within 10 days from the date of registration to the following IBAN:
FLIPPER TRIATHLON ASD
BPER Banca Popolare Emilia Romagna
To obtain definitive confirmation of your registration it is mandatory to have made the payment within 10 days after registration.
After 10 days, the athlete will not be entitled to have its own BIB# or to maintain the quota in force at the time of registration.
Online registrations will be open until the maximum number of registered athletes set at 200 participants is reached, and in any case no later than 24.00 on 13 july 2022, after this date it will no longer be possible to register.
The registration fee is fixed in
€. 300.00 for the first 30 bibs
€. 350.00 from 31st to 60th bib
€. 400.00 from the 61st bib onwards
The registration fee includes:
- Race pack
- Athlete race bib
- Supporter team race bib
- adhesive kits, bike, helmet, bags, support car
- Timing Chip
- GPS tracking
- 2 credentials for food pasta parties at the Ostello “Lo Zio” refuge
- 2 vouchers for lunch during award ceremony
- 2 vouchers one way for the way back cable car
- TIMING AND RANKINGS
The timing will be carried out by an Official Timer ENDU with technology based on the use of “timing-chips”. Each participant will be provided with a timing chip, which must be returned at the end of the race. Personnel will be in charge of collecting the chips and checking their status. In case of non-return, € 30.00 will be charged. The timing chip is provided by a neoprene anklet to be positioned on either right or left leg. Failure or incorrect use of the chip will result in non-inclusion in the ranking and non-attribution of the official race time.
- AWARD CEREMONY
During the awards ceremony each finisher will be awarded. Each participant will be personally called to collect their prize.
- HEALTH ASSISTANCE
The use of ambulances with doctors and nurses is foreseen, which will be communicated at the race briefing
- AID STATIONS
For the BIKE course nr. 01 refreshment point where food and drinks will be provided to the athlete at km 65.
The support car will only be able to supply the athlete at the predetermined points, well indicated on the race briefing, except in case of emergency. Each manoeuvre must take place with the car stationary and parked in safe points, subject to immediate disqualification of the athlete.
For the RUN course, nr. 05 refreshment points where food and drinks will be provided to the athlete and 03 tap water points .
All the refreshment points will be communicated to the athlete in the race briefing.
- NON-PARTICIPATION AND SUBSTITUTIONS
In case of non-participation, the registration fee paid will not be returned.
It is possible to TRANSFER your registration to the next edition no later than June 30th, 2022. In this way, the sum paid for registration will be kept valid for the following year edition, with a charge of € 20.00 for administrative stuff.
It is also possible to transfer the registration to another person by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with full details of assignee to be entered
The registration moved to the following year is automatic.
The registration moved to the following year is not transferable to third parties.
After the 30th of june 2022 at 23:59 is not possible to make any replacement or any other request whatsoever
- RACE CANCELLATION
If the race has to be cancelled due to Covid-19, the participation fee will be refunded by deducting only 25 Euro fees for administrative stuff. Alternatively, the registration may be moved to the following year edition.
In the event that the race is cancelled and / or postponed to another date, or in any case, not carried out due to force majeure and / or reasons not attributable and / or not related to the Organization itself, including the revocation of the authorization to carried out by the competent public bodies, the applicant will have nothing to claim from the Organizing Committee, neither for the return of the registration fee, nor as a reimbursement of any expense incurred or to be incurred. The submission of the registration application has the value of acceptance of this clause and express waiver of any claim resulting from the cancellation and / or postponement of the race.
- RACE PACKS DISTRIBUTION AND SCHEDULE
Friday the 22nd of july 2022
POSITION: LAT 42.4261623, 13.5272450
From 15.00 to 18.30 Registration and race packs collection in Fonte Cerreto (AQ).
From 18:30 to 19:15 Compulsory briefing in Italian in Fonte Cerreto (AQ).
From 19:15 to 20:00 Compulsory briefing in English in Fonte Cerreto (AQ)
Saturday the 23rd of july 2022
POSITION: LAT 42.5282208, LON 13.3688218
03:30 am Transition area opening for bike delivery, and bike and run compulsory equipment check.
04:45 am Transition area closes
05:00 am START
07:00 am CUTOFF T1 IN
05:00 pm CUTOFF T2 IN
09:30 pm CUTOFF last 6km
00:30 am CUTOFF Finishline
Sunday the 24th of july 2022
POSITION: LAT 42.4261623, 13.5272450
11:30 am Awards ceremony at Hotel Fiordidgli in Fonte Cerreto AQ
The event closing lunch will follow.
THESE TIMES SCHEDULE MAY SUBJECT TO CHANGES
Race pack collection subject to the delivery of copy of the registration receipt and an identity document.
The race pack can also be collected by third parties by presenting a copy of the registration form.
- PRIVACY AND IMAGE RIGHTS
Pursuant to italian law in therm of privacy (“Consolidated Privacy Act”) we inform you that the personal data collected will be used only to prepare the list of participants, the ranking and the historical archive , to provide the services of the event, to send information or advertising material of the “eagleXman” or its partners.
By registering for the “eagleXman”, the athlete expressly authorizes the organizers, together with the media partners, to use the fixed or moving images, in which he may have been filmed during his participation in the competition on all media, including promotional and / or advertising materials, all over the world and for all the maximum time provided for by the laws, regulations, treaties in force, including any extension that may be made to the envisaged period